This starter dish will take you miles and miles away to experience the authentic Mexican taste. The only way to discover the secret behind the famous Mexican cuisine is to sink your teeth into the crispy tortilla crust and dive into the cheesy layer of chicken. Chicken Quesadilla is the right choice of dish for a celebration with friends or a late night treat.
-Time to prepare: 15 minutes
-Time to cook: 10 minutes
-Number of servings: 8 Servings
• 2 chicken breasts (Skinless and Boneless)
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ tsp black pepper
• ½ tsp paprika
• ¼ cup hot sauce
• 4 large tortillas.
• 1 medium red onion, chopped
• ¼ cup diced sweet green pepper
• ¼ cup diced sweet red pepper
• ½ cup diced tomatoes.
• 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley leaves
• ¾ cup grated Cheddar cheese
• ½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1. Wash the chicken under running water then dry it using a paper towel.
2. Add the salt, black pepper and paprika in a small bowl, mix the spices well together
3. Chop the chicken into small cubes, rub it with the hot sauce and sprinkle the spices over the chicken from all sides.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken cubes for 5 minutes or until it’s well cooked.
5. Mix the Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese together in a bowl.
6. Add a frying pan greased with olive oil over medium heat and spread one tortilla loaf over the pan.
7. Sprinkle ¼ of the mixture of cheeses and ½ of the chicken cubes
8. Add ½ the amount of the diced tomatoes, sweet red and green peppers, parsley over the layer of cheese and chicken.
9. Sprinkle the second ¼ of the mixture of cheeses and cover it with another loaf of tortilla.
10. Leave the quesadilla on the medium heat for 3 minutes until the tortilla becomes golden-brown in color.
11. Repeat the previous steps with the remaining quantity slice the quesadillas and garnish with tropical fruit salsa or other Mexican sauces.